Keeping Positive When Working From Home
March 24, 2020
For a company that has employees work from home quite regularly, our first thoughts were that it wouldn’t be much of a dramatic change.
But for others, we understand it can disrupt your daily routine that you’ve been so used to, and a lot of people are experiencing anxiousness during this time of uncertainty. That’s why it’s so important to be mindful of others and ask how they’re doing.
Whether it’s a friend, family member or a colleague – picking up the phone, texting or Skype calling can have a huge and positive impact on their day.
The most important thing to tackle is the mindset and accepting that you may not always be productive… and that’s ok. Be kind to yourself. Take a break if your work isn’t flowing and confide in someone you trust and can open up to.
- Meditate or work-out. Taking even just 15 minutes to either sit in a quiet, calm space or work-out while playing your favourite tunes can make you feel motivated for the day ahead. Calm is one of the world’s leading ASMR and mindfulness apps. You can sign up for a free trial which means you can be soothed to sleep by the likes of Matthew McConaughey. Well alright, alright, alright.
- Keep news outlets and social media in check. This can be difficult considering the current situation, however it’s always important to not let it consume you.
- Mindful eating. During times of stress, the body’s reaction is to reach for the foods that give us an immediate sense of enjoyment and it’s important to remember that this feeling is temporary. Eating foods that aren’t as good for you can lead to bad eating habits, which can then have a negative effect on your sleep, mood and attention span.
- Move! Keep your body and muscles moving – even if it’s just for a quick walk (this can be around your house or in your garden) or a stretch at your desk.
- Don’t let work invade your personal life. Working from home has its pros and it has its cons. This is because if you’re at home – so is your work, it’s more than likely that you will let your work creep into your personal life. This can be difficult with deadlines looming, but it’s important to have a good balance between the two.
Listen to music
Listening to music in our office has become a daily routine and it shouldn’t have to stop now we’re all working remotely! So we’ve listed some of our favourite motivational tunes below, which are available on all major music outlets like Spotify, Apple Music & YouTube
- Are you ready for Love? | Elton John
- Everywhere | Fleetwood Mac
- Dancing in the Moonlight | Toploader
- Circles | Post Malone
- Inner Smile | Texas
- 7 Days | Craig David
- Work from Home | Fifth Harmony (feat. Ty Dolla $ign)
- One Dance | Drake
- Young Hearts Run Free | Candi Staton
- The Man | The Killers
- It’s Not Living (If It’s Not With You) | The 1975
- Seaside | The Kooks
- Another Chance (radio edit) | Roger Sanchez
- Pure Shores | All Saints
- Know Your Worth | Khalid, Disclosure